So now I send you on
And through its pages
you can look
Should you not fully comprehend
Its lines -
Just pass it to a friend
Works by Amanda McKittrick Ros
- Irene Iddesleigh
- Belfast, privately published, 1897; London, Nonesuch Press, 1926 (includes 3 woodcuts by W M R Quick); New York, Boni & Liveright, 1927 . Also reprinted in A Cupful of Tears, a compilation of 16 Victorian novelettes selected by Martin Seymour Smith. Wolfe Publishing Co, London, 1965.
- Delina Delaney
- Belfast, privately published, 1898; London, Chatto & Windus, 1935.
- Poems of Puncture
- London, Arthur H. Stockwell, c.1912.
- Kaiser Bill!
- (broadsheet) c.1915.
- A Little Belgian Orphan
- (broadsheet signed pseudonymously Monica Moyland, Larne, Irelande) 1915.
- Fumes of Formation
- Belfast, R. Carswell & Son, 1933.
- Bayonets of Bastard Sheen
- (extracts from her letters) Thames Ditton, privately published by T.S.Mercer, 1949.
- St. Scandalbags
- together with Meet Irene by D.B.Wyndham Lewis & At the Sign of the Harrow by F.Anstey, edited and with notes by T.Stanley Mercer, Thames Ditton, Merle Press, 1954.
- Donald Dudley, the Bastard Critic
- Thames Ditton, Merle Press, 1954. This short story also appears in Great Irish Humorous Stories edited by Peter Haining, London, Souvenir Press, 1995.
- Helen Huddleson
- edited and with an introduction by Jack Loudan, who provides a concluding chapter, London, Chatto & Windus, 1969. A chapter also appears in The Penguin Book of British Comic Stories edited by Patricia Craig, London, Viking, 1990.
- Euphues Redivivus
- Essay by Aldous Huxley in On the Margin, London Chatto & Windus, 1923.
- O Rare Amanda!
- The Life of Amanda McKittrick Ros, Jack Loudan, London, Chatto & Windus, 1954.
- Thine in Storm and Calm
- An Amanda McKittrick Ros Reader, edited and with an introduction by Frank Ormsby, Belfast, the Blackstaff Press, 1988.
Also of interest
- The Stuffed Owl
- An Anthology of Bad Verse, D.B.Wyndham Lewis & Charles Lee, London, Dent, 1930. Still the very best collection of bad verse, even though it does not include anything of Amanda (I have heard that at least one edition of this book does include On Visiting Westminster Abbey, but I have been unable to verify this.).
- Very Bad Poetry
- Edited by Kathryn & Ross Perras, Vintage Books, 1997. Includes some of Amanda's verse.
- In Search of the World's Worst Writers
- Nick Page, Harper Collins, 2000. A survey of bad writers which - although inevitably overlapping to some extent with The Stuffed Owl - contains many gems. Amanda features as the worst of all!